Friday, November 27, 2015

A Farewell Friendsgiving

Ros and me
I have to admit, I had my doubts we could pull it off.

We had invited 25 guests to Valley Lodge for a final Friendsgiving in South Africa ... on the eve of my leaving the country to fly to the USA, the movers and packers coming to pack and ship our household goods to Singapore and the USA, and the dogs and Vince leaving for Singapore the next day.

Especially since at the last minute I was invited to be inducted into La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs at the Westcliffe Four Seasons. I had to dash out for two hours at the height of rush hour and leave our guests in the middle of the festivities to take my oath and receive my sash. How rude! And a little hectic to say the least.

But it all worked out! So thankful we braved it.


Menu - our farewell cocktail? A Singapore Sling!

Friendsgiving Bunting by B's Pin-Cushion in Parkmore

Balloons from The Balloon Stop in Parkmore


Jonnie was one of three American guests invited for dinner
deep fry (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

pre-dinner party (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

Bye-bye tree! (photo by Theresa Vermeulen) Enjoy it Strauss family!

(photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

Fried Turduckenwors: Turkey, Duck, Chicken and Boerewors!

Dinner is served buffet-style (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

speeches (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)
(photo by Sarmistha Bhattacharya)

we're going where? (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

Farewell speech (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)

Happy Friendsgiving! (photo by Theresa Vermeulen)
And thank you Marguerite for the beautiful beaded lariat you made for me using some of the flamingo feathers I brought back from Tanzania. Everyone loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment